A bit of an artsy project
This is how the first handcrafted prototypes of my #kelopuujakannot mug and bowl came to life using modelling clay. My aim was to first turn the drawings of my ceramics concept into something touchable before putting everything into computer sketches. Having a hollow version to get a sense of volume and balance was crucial to making much needed adjustments to the design concept and details of the mug and bowl.
At some point, I tried to also printing 3D mockups with the execution taking several hours. Once I started 3D-printing, the printer kept on jamming and after three trials I gave up. Next up were adjustments to the design details before creating second mockups from turned wood.